Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life Plan, Distractions and Miracles

What is the Perfect Teaching?

The perfect teaching is the one before you. Richard Baker Roshi once told of a dream he had: He was trying to find the answer to a question, and the telephone rang. He ignored the phone and focused instead on the question. On the 30th ring he picked up the phone, and the answer came to him through the receiver. What he had labeled a distraction was really the point.

Dairyu Michael Wenger



I enjoy it when simple things speak volumes to me
How everyone has there own interpretation of things.

I started reading this and it didn't make much sense or even mean anything to me until the I read the following sentence....what he had labeled a distraction was really the point.....instantly my mind was flooded with thoughts about how this simple sentence applies to where I am currently in life. I always find moments like this to be miracles....what you need to hear or read without you realizing that you needed it in the first place. When it comes a rush of relief streams over and a strange comfort is felt all over. A general feeling of peace....like god directly whispering in your ear "Everything will be okay" .....

It seems like "the life plan" is always being rewritten and rearranged...rather then dwell on the idea that these things that "come-up" are distractions from "the life plan" I think its important to realize that they might just led down to a path of happiness you never saw coming or expected. Growing up, art was always a "distraction", at least according to my parents. Many years I spent wondering what it is I want to do with my life...What I could pursue as a career that would truly make me happy.

A career in art never crossed my mind because of the "distraction" mind set I had.....Letting go of the idea of art being a distraction I realized that it was the answer I was seeking...the endless hours spent worrying about not having a plan or having no career goals were a complete waste of time, because the entire time I always had the answer....

Be Open....never allow your mind to set limits....


Happy Feelin's - Maze feat. Frankie Beverly

No comments: