I've been contemplating the idea of patience.
Recently Ive had the pleasure of being able to feel patience run along throughout my body and deep into my heart. Its an indescribable feeling. I could sit here and google the definition of patience , but to all of us it means many things.
To me it means allowing my heart to be at peace when things around me might be unresolved .
Its easy to get lost in the depths of questions and resolutions,
to allow the anxiety to fix all things to run your life, but in the end you have nothing to show of this anxiety. This anxiety eats at you like a parasite and asks for things that you cannot possibly attain.
Patience, Ive found, isn't an answer to the questions of life, but rather a way to live your life. There are many words that tie into this one simple word,
Patience.
Patience can bring peace,
Patience can bring joy,
Patience can bring understand,
Patience can bring enlightenment,
Patience can bring appreciation for the earth and the people around us,
Patience can bring hope.
I must admit this week I've jumped from losing this feeling of patience to having it circulate throughout my body, like blood. I can ask and beg to understand how to keep this feeling of patience, but asking leads to attempts at finding an answer, and at times seeking answers drifts you into the depths of anxiety. So I stopped myself from contemplating the answer to keeping patience and I'm practicing the act of patience.
Its interesting to see how everything around us demands answers at time,
our mind at times more so then our heart.
To have patience is to allow your mind to clear itself and allow your heart to speak,
and I think that is what we are most afraid of at times. Many of us have dreams in our hearts
that seem unattainable, dreams that might seem impossible. So we choose to silence our hearts and listen to the logic of the world around us, which tells us, your not enough for this, your too much for that, your not this and your not that, molding us.
As I type this I feel further away from patience than closer to it.
A stranger on a wind boat who knows nothing of the sea and nothing of the direction of the winds. Stranded out in the open, full of anxiety that I might never see land again....
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Patience is something that I struggle with. I am patient in many areas but I still have to practice patience through meditation more.
I too am an artist by the way. I paint in oils and acrylics and do some photography. :)
Post a Comment