Friday, January 16, 2009

Free.

Sometimes I just feel like writing....



Seeing how certain words look together, See how sentences turn into paragraphs and moving in and out of subjects. Maybe the words reflect my thoughts and maybe they don't. Maybe they go from being whole to becoming nothing at all. Seems like when I pressure my thoughts to turn into words they don't seem to come out of my mouth or ride through my fingers on to paper and pen. The pressure to turn my thoughts into labeled words gets me no where. Sometimes I just like to write. Today I like how the word vibe feelings in my mind....When I make it a verb my heart skips a beat....Vibing....no not Vib-ing....but Vi-bin' ....skip the G and when you start the word hold on to the Vvvvv....close your eyes and relase the Binnnnn, holding out the Nnnnnn...yea that's right....vvi....binnn.....Because when I hear that word I can feel the insides of my body do flips and turns. Lets talk about my stomach....maybe its just heart burn...but I swear it feels like I drank a tall glass of pepto....some times I call that sensation butterflies and sometimes I call it anxiety...but for sure I know I only feel it during special moments...moments that I cant seem to erase from my head....


Viiii-----biiiinnnnn.......hmmm...Viii---biiinnn.....the word can sound like music after a while if you continue to let it run from your mind and off your tongue....like a chant...the pleasure of finding someone you vibe with just right....someone who you might not know to well....whom you might not know anything about their past present or future but when they speak, the words that come out of their mouth are just the right ones.....even if its something as simple as I like to chew gum when I ride any kind of public transportation.....the word just tumbles around your mind and you feel it all over your body....Vibing....vibinnnn....vibin so hard that nothing else in the world makes sense but your conversation.... Vibing so hard it feels like your jumping out of an airplane without a parachute....vibinnn....Vibin soft....Vibin hard....soft...hard.... so soft that you completely understand the meaning of silence....so soft that you know what it feels like to ride on clouds.....hmmmm....vibin.....so hard then soft then hard... that the words in my mind that cant seem to come out whole....come out perfectly through her lips.... Vibin I'm so inspired...vibin I'm so full....feeling like I've had thanksgiving dinner every other hour..Nearly impossible to find you sometimes vibin...nearly impossible to be around you vibin...always hiding from me vibin....almost certain you have me addicted vibin.....almost certain Im a damn fool to keep toyin with the idea of me and you vibin....but Vibe....I Vibe....We Vibe....Your lips vibe....my lips vibe....dont have to ask if we vibe.... In the darkness without your presences I still vibe....off the meer thoughts and memories I vibe....much like when I was a child and I'd fall asleep to mi abuelita praying the rosary...her soft words tucking me into the covers keeping me warm all night long....vibing through my mind assuring me the world was not full of monsters....till this day I still feel her words , I still see her image inside of my head, siting at the head of the bed holding her rosary in the dim light...that kind of vibing.... I want to talk about the swings in the jungle gym.....legs floating into the air pushing outward then forward to continue the feeling of flying.....close your eyes and throw your head back ....that kind of vibinggg...flying....vibing...you take me back to those days when I had no limitations....when I felt no boundaries, when I believed that if I pushed and pulled hard enough on the swing I could catch a bird, and maybe once I caught that bird we could switch places.......that kind of vibing....that kind of flying.....Someone once told me I want to be your art.... I stared at her and knew I could make her into art....but not my art....because we weren't vibing....I didnt vibe her....her conversation her presence didnt make me vibe....my hands, my paint brush wasn't vibing.....but you .....you make me want to paint the clouds I thought I could reach and touch on the swings when I was a child....Now that's vibing....I want to make you my art....my paint brush vibes you....my creative vibes from you.....Ive used the word vibe incorrectly so many times in these jumbled words....but I don't care because I'm vibing...Vibing off our last encounter...Just Vibing.....




5 comments:

Subhanjan said...

Very interesting read. But there is something that I would like to tell you. It seems that you deliberately impose a lot of taxation on your brain. Rather try to be calm and have a peaceful mind. Life is not that complicated. If you have faith in your heart, every thing falls in place.

Uku said...

Nicely wrote! Thank you

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I love words too. Playing with them, juxtaposing them...

This was beautiful! I'm feeling your vibes:-)

jess said...

this would be a really good spoken word piece... practice and make it happen.
i can feel my heart vibing to it when you speak it out loud.... getting the crowd all vibed up and agreeing with mmmhhmmms.... you know what i mean?

Hu said...

Subhanjan- You are very right. I do impose alot of taxation on my brain, but like u said I do it deliberatly. I do it with the intention that I might understand more of where my thoughts and feelings lay. Its very easy get absorbed in societies thoughts and make them yours. At times I dont think we realize how much of an influence the outside world is. I'm a firm believer that we must always questions ourselves, esp. our thoughts and feelings. With that said I can honestly tell you that amist all the turmoil in my mind I am still very calm and peaceful in my heart. Its a good practice of patience...Thinking and analyzing all things that are unresolved in our mind,life, and the world and still being able to find peace is something that doesnt happen easily, it requires pratice and that is why I choose to impose such thoughts on my mind and in my heart.

Uku- Thanks very much for your comment :)

NigerianDramaQueen- Thanks you very much for the comment. It feels really good to know that my mixed up jumbled words can make others vibe and relate to them :)

Jess- Ill let you know when Im ready....fyi Ill make it happen at busboys and poets in DC on a tuesday night. Makesure your in town!! Ill get back to you on the date!