Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Excuses meant to be.

Direct.
Simple.
I've heard it every year of my life.
Maybe more then 222 times per year.
more, then less,
Sometimes it comes from me, to me.
Travels from the hope I have somewhere in my soul,
warms my heart with faith
and cools my brain.
My eyes read it,
my ears hear it,
The wind of words from family and friends blow it,
"What's meant to be will be"
"What's meant to be will be"
it blows.
Blows, from me to me.
From them to me.
For me from them
it blows in me.
An excuse to forget the past
An excuse to move on to the future
An excuse to let go...

Some excuses are meant to be.

- L.V.A


What makes it so difficult to believe in the following line "whats meant to be will be"

Personally its the idea that we have no control over whats to happen, No say, but our actions, that once committed cannot be taken back, can an action side track you from "whats meant to be"? ....I'd like to think so....but part of that is still the idea of needing to control life. The need to bend things to how you want them to turn out...

I wanted to take the time to reflect on the phrase. I did some googling and only came up with cute love stories and "never give up on love" quotes. I decided I'd find my own meaning to the phrase and I realize it asks the following:

...it asks to let go
...it asks for mindfulness.
...it asks for you to live in the present....to be aware of every move now because you have no control over the future.
...it asks for complete faith in yourself to be okay with the decisions you will make and the paths you will take. The paths and decisions might seem like sacrifices or bad decisions at first but if you have faith in yourself and in knowing "whats mean to be will be", you can be open to that personal growth you need and a step closer to seeing that true happiness you've always had within.

Taking a deep breath and let go of the "control"....


Y...Cantado por Eydie Gorme y Los Panchos

Side note: I could listen to this type of baladas all day...loving to the soul.....

No comments: