Friday, March 6, 2009

"Because You Deserve The Best"

"Lupe, I don't think you'll ever feel music like I do.."

The thought provokes a tornado of other thoughts that don't seem to leave my mind. But I don't feel anger towards the statement, I don't feel threatened by it either, I feel complete and utter peace. I don't feel music like you do, and I never will, because you are you and I am me. Simple.
We all at some point in our lives are told over and over again that people are different....

Really let that sink in....DIFFERENT....

Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally. I've always had this thought in mind when dealing with others. It's always been embedded in me that not everyone will react to something they same way you do, or that not everyone will like the same things you do, its a simple thought. A simple idea. But it really wasn't until recently that it truly hit me, and I found myself feeling deep deep anger....I felt completely confused. I was always one to appreciate differences in individuals....but I don't think I ever understood how deeply we are all different. Each one of us carries our own experiences, our own baggage of painful and happy memories, that all contribute to who we are, to how we react, to how we love, and how we don't. Each single memory has a specific impact on our lives and not one person has the same experience, or the same memory. My brother was the one that suggested I might not ever feel music the way he does, and it brought an immense about of peace to my heart. I wont I thought, I never will, I feel music differently then you. I love the beats and rhythms differently, the words that are interwoven perfectly with the piano, or acoustic guitar, or soft Congo's, it all touches me differently, it all invokes feelings that I couldn't possibly explain, but does that make my way of loving music right? does it make his way right? No. Neither are right or wrong. Both exist. Both need to thrive, because we are two DIFFERENT individuals, with two different perspectives on life, with different experiences that molded us into who we are and who we are becoming. At times I would find myself getting upset or worked up because others might not share my same opinions or my same thoughts or feelings on a matter. I had strong expectations that they should, and I felt deep anger that they didn't. Really though the anger was directed not at them but at myself for not seeing that so much goes into one single person. One person is full of so much life, and there I was expecting rather then appreciating....appreciating someone Else's experiences in this world....someone Else's perspective, someone Else's beautiful life.

I am currently working on a painting which contains clouds. When I first started painting them I wanted to limit them on the canvas, I wanted them perfect and yet I expected them to look just like the clouds I see in the sky, but they didn't. They were far from it, they were staged, fake clouds......Finally I let my brush roam free and stopped myself from trying to contain the clouds, from trying to limit them and make them "perfect"....I let the paint and colors guide my hand rather then trying to command them....rather then expecting I followed and appreciated....and I honestly have never been more pleased with a painting....

It seems that I am relearning everything again.....Things I was taught so long ago, like how to be grateful, how to share, how to care, it all comes to me and its like seeing it for the first time, because although I heard of these things long ago I never truly experienced the reasons for them. Such as being grateful, you truly don't understand what "thank you" means until it comes from deep within your heart, and then like a bomb of light you realize this is what being grateful feels like. This is what "Thank You" from my heart means...and then it all makes sense.

I came across this article today and found the need to quote the following.....


"Marriage isn't always pretty. I think sometimes we act like little children, and we need to be more mature about it, because it's a privilege to be married to somebody, and you need not to disrespect it like that," she told Sam. "Love is as much a feeling as it is an action. To love somebody is not just how you feel about them, but what you do, also."

Produced for Morning Edition by Nadia Reiman. The senior producer for StoryCorps is Michael Garofalo. Recorded in partnership with WMNF in Tampa, Fla.


This quote was from a mother explaining to her son how she met his dad.....
In simple words she spoke volumes.....May we all find someone whom can truly see and appreciate our individuality and want to maintain and show their own....May we never take love for granted because for some love comes with obstacles and simple "I Love You's" (action) require rallies and protests. Most importantly may we never give up our own experience on life, our perspective, our individuality, and our right to love no matter what obstacles are to come...

*Feeling truly blessed and appreciating every moment given to me*




Darling Darling Baby
The O'Jays

You're my darlin', darlin' baby
You're my darlin', darlin' love
You're my darlin', darlin' baby
I said you're everything I ever hoped for in a woman
And as long as I may live

Ooh, you're my darlin', darlin' baby
You're my sweet and tender love
You're a very special lady
I said you're the one that I always dreamed of in a woman
I'll give all that I can give

I'll give you plenty love
Because you deserve the best
You should everything a queen sittin' on a throne should have
You deserve to have it all
And I'm gonna do my best to give it to you, to give it to you, to give it to you

Ooh, you're my darlin', darlin' baby
You're my sweet and tender love
You're a very special lady
I said you're everything I ever hoped for in a woman
And as long as we may live

I'll give you plenty love
Because you deserve the best
‘Cause you're better than the rest
You're my queen on a throne, the one that I want to own
And all the things that you desire
I'll do my best to give it to you, to give it to you, to give it to you

Ooh, you're my darlin', darlin' baby
You're my sweet and tender love
You're a very special lady
You're my (Darling, darling), come on, come on
Baby, you're my (Sweet and tender)
Ooh, you're my (Very special lady)
And I need you (Darling, darling), oh, baby
Well, ah, you're my (Sweet and tender)
Baby, you're my (Very special lady)
Well, well, you're my (Darling, darling)
You deserve to have the best (Sweet and tender)
Believe me, baby ‘cause you're (Very special lady)
Better than the rest, you're so much better, you're my (Darling, darling)
Oh, ooh, well, you're my (Sweet and tender)
You can believe you're my (Very special lady)
Girl, I just wanna give it to you (Darling, darling)
Give it to you, give it, give it, give it to you, you're (Sweet and tender)
Ooh...you're my (Very special lady)

No comments: