Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On Wanting More.



Naila
Lila Downs

En una noche de luna
Naila lloraba ante mi
Ella me hablaba con ternura
Puso en mis labios su dulzura
Yo le decia porque lloraba
Y ella me contesto asi

Ya me embriague con otro hombre
Ya no soy Naila para ti
Ya me embriague con otro hombre
Ya no soy Naila para ti

Naila, di porque me abandonas
Tonta, si bien sabes que te quiero
Vuelve a mi, ya no busques
Otros senderos
Te perdono, porque sin tu amor
Se me parte el corazón

Naila, di porque me abandonas
Tonta, si bien sabes que te quiero
Vuelve a mi, ya no busques
Otros senderos
Te perdono, porque sin tu amor
Se me parte el corazón

Translation:

One full moon

Naila cried unto me

She spoke to me tenderly

She placed her sweetness onto my lips

And I asked her why she cried

And she responded like this….

I have been intoxicated by another man

I am no longer Naila for you

I have been intoxicated by another manI am no longer

Naila for you


Nalia, tell why you’re abandoning me

Fool, if you know very well I love you

Come back to me,


Don’t go looking for other pathways

I forgive you,


because without your love,

my heart breaks in half.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you write this? i bet it sounds so much better in Spanish. it's lovely. it reminds me that i should read more pablo neruda.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

This reminds me of Pablo Neruda's work. I love, love Pablo.
This piece was so beautiful. The translation really helped too!
Did you write this?