Blessed. I close my eyes and soak in the deep feeling. What is this, I think as my eyes feel weary but my body feels warmth all over. Taking in a deep breath is like drinking from a water hole made only for me, full of all the most wonderful flavors in the world. I had no idea I could feel like this, I continue with my thoughts and I can’t help but allow my lips to display a smile. Thoughts full of faces with smiles and conversations with these faces bring about more warmth. Why is it that I haven’t felt this before? Why is it I feel it now? At this point I am laying on my back staring at the ceiling deep within my thoughts. Time is non existent and the world around me moves as I lay still. I am still connected to the world and the world is connected to me. Never have I felt such a deep connection. A small note sits on top of my backpack. In it are my reasons for bliss, for this new found feeling of connection, for this deep and warm feeling of being blessed by the world and having blessed the world. Each word written by a different hand. Hands of all those that love and support me. I've been searching for this all my life, yet it’s always been there. The words that I thought I needed to fuel me, to help me through life, have always been there, and have always been written down on this small piece of paper. What makes today different? I ask a small nail hole in the ceiling. What allows me to finally see the words on this paper that I always assumed was blank? I scan the ceiling for answers. I feel the warmth all over my body yet again and realize that I am open. No longer closed. I can see because I've allowed. I can feel this warmth because I let it finally reach me. I didn't stop it with words of self doubt, fear of lies, fear of pain, and fear of being hurt. I have allowed these hands to write words I can now read. I have always been blessed, but I allowed my walls of self doubt and fear to block this thought. I have opened myself up and shown others my passions, my goals, my dreams, no longer afraid that they may be rejected or taken from me; leaving me lifeless, soulless, without purpose. I inspire those hands with my dreams and passions, and they inspire me to keep dreaming. I stare deep in between the words and I can see the faces of my family and friends that tell me everyday just how much I mean to them. We are helping each other, one filling the gaps in holes in the other. I feel the words fill me with this warmth, comfort, support, like a soft reassuring touch from my grandmother. Thank you, my heart screams, thank you. Blessed.
Yo Envidio El Viento
Lila Downs

No comments:
Post a Comment