In no particular order,things that make me feel truly happy and blessed.
1.Playing "Guess Which Hand" with my God Daughter.
Normally she doesn't care to much for me , shes still in her "My momma is the only one that should be picking me up or playing with me" stage. Yet, she cant resist the shiny quarter I hold in front of her. She rushes to me and begins examining me, each move I make is vital to whether she will move closer and attempt to take the quarter from me. After a few seconds she reaches in for the quarter, I move my hand back and wrap the quarter in my fist. I ask her which hand she thinks it is in, and she points to the right one. We play this game over and over again, its the first time I make her smile and laugh. I finally give her the quarter and she retreats back to her mothers side. Luckily I have one dollar in quarters so I persuade her back to my side with another shiny quarter. I end up giving her 75 cents, I keep the remaining quarter because we are in the mall near a gumball machine. At this point she seems to have made her mind up to trust me because we race to the gumball machine together. I ask her where her money is and she begins to take her shoe off. I thought she might have misunderstood me, but as soon as the shoe is off I see three tiny quarters.
2. Friday Nights spent with my 12 year old brother.
I've spent many Friday nights in the club or with friends, but the ones I most enjoy are with my younger brother. We sit around and watch a movie or play guitar hero.Many suggest I should be out and about in the social scene, bar hopping, meeting new people, and making new friends. But what makes me truly happy is getting to know my younger brother and being there for him, letting him know that I am not just his sister, I am his friend. With that said I have acquired a great deal of Guitar Hero skills, love the Disney channel, and know that Miley Ciris is Hannah Montana!
3. Reading a book and coming to a page that has evidence it was once folded in half.
4. My fathers evident attempts to becoming a better person.
On a Monday night about a month ago, I told my father how sad I was that Lila Downs would not be touring in DC. He turned to me and told me I was dumb for being sad and that Lila Downs is a horrible singer. Needless to say I felt stupid for even mentioning anything to him at all. Today though, he surprised me and gave me all these facts about Lila Downs, and he even knew her tour schedule.
5. Reading while my mother watches her telenovelas or black and white Mexican films.
6.Window seat in the back of the bus, it does matter if its on the left or the right. I pull out my current read and pause once in a while to look out the window. The bus always takes the same route, we pass the same homes, the same buildings and the same businesses. But to me, it is always beautiful .
What makes you feel blessed and happy?
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel blessed and happy if I see that I have done something good.
Post a Comment