Monday, April 6, 2009

Care Packages Writing Prompt

Writing Prompt from Twenty Something Writers

We have a writing prompt for you. This one fresh from the Katie archives.

Because you’re so darn nice, you’ve decided to put together some care packages. Ten lucky people will be getting a care package from you. In each of the care packages, there will be a book, a song, and a fortune cookie sized piece of advice.
For each of the following people, choose 1 book, 1 song, and a brief piece of advice to leave them. Explain why you chose the pieces that you did.

2 close friends
2 family members
2 fellow bloggers
2 ex-friends/significant others
2 younger people in your life (10 or more years younger than you)

Don’t forget to put enough postage on those packages. The USPS WILL return them. Trust me.

*This is a writing prompt. Post a blog entry about it on your blog, then come on back here and leave us a link to your post. As always, can’t wait to see your responses.

If you have any Writing Prompt suggestions please e-mail them to twentysomethingwriters[at]gmail[dot]com. We’re looking for any writing prompt ideas, whether they are on the subject of writing or not. Send us your ideas!


Close Friends:
  • Bridget -A book I would include in your care package is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, it’s a beautiful story and I think you would find a lot of meaning in it. It’s deep like we like to be deep lol a song I would include is Bleeding Love recorded by Leona Lewis, because it brings back good memories during a rough time. The strength and friendship you showed me in the car that day was one I’ve never experienced. I said nothing would make me smile and by the end of the song my stomach hurt from so much laughing. This song reminds me of how you taught me to laugh at things gone wrong. A Piece of Advice I would send is Walk down the street in a purple/red poke a dot shirt with pink colored jeans and work it! Don’t be afraid!
  • Gul- A book I would include in your care package is The Wise and Witty Quote Book: More than 2000 Quotes to Enlighten, Encourage, and Enjoy by Allen Klein, we both enjoy a good quote, you know we would be all over this book disecting each and every quote. A song I would include in the package is Gangsta's Paradise recorded by Coolio lol. This song is your one of your faves and you know all the words to it lol I still have a video of you rapping along to it as we sit outside of meletia in the begingings of spring trying to focus on organic chemistry lab reports. Good memories of good times :) . A piece of advice I would include is "Just do it man"lol just go for it! "I think Ill go to boston, I think Ill start a new life! " .
Family Members:
  • Anita-This care package would contain the following book- Anger: Wisdom for Cooling the Flames by Thich Nhat Hanh, because you tend to forget all logic when you are angry, you easily let the emotion take over and you seem to lose yourself in it. I hate to see you angry and worked up; it really takes a lot out energy out of you. I love seeing you happy and relaxed. Along with the book I would send youPalito Ortega’s version of Yo Tiengo Fé because it is our song. During the summer when I was having a rough time just living you introduced me to this song. You taught me to strengthen my faith and you helped me live happily through the tough times. I’m sending you this song back to you so you remember what you taught me and see that you guided my soul to that light I needed. Piece of Advice I would send it to Relax. I know it’s easier said then done, but try.
  • Jovan-This care package would contain the following book- The Giver by Lois Lowry. I know you probably would throw it to the side because you don’t like reading but this book is important to me. It was the first book to open me up to reading. I hated reading before, just like you, but like I’ve told you before reading can take you all over the world! There is a new adventure found in each one! A song I would send along with the book is Satin Doll recorded by Duke Ellington. You always surprise me when it comes to your musical taste. You embrace everything I expose you too yet still keep your individuality and that truly impresses me about you! This song was the reason why I told you to keep playing the trumpet, so one day I could kick back and listen to you play it just for me. Thank you for always making your sister smile. One piece of advice I would give you is always stay true to you, you already do that very well, continue doing it littlebrah, don’t lost it!
Fellow Bloggers:
  • L. B-Niema
    This care package would contain the following book - So Far From God by Ana Castillo because it is my absolute favorite. Why? I have yet to understand and maybe you can help me figure it out. I can only send you one song?! Can I send you a whole 16GBIPod worth of songs instead? Alright if I had to pick just one it would be Amy Winehouse- Rehab. This song totally made me see you in a different light. Up until then we didn ’t really talk about music much, but after we connected on this song you have introduced me to amazing artists, I will admit you know how to satisfy my music taste buds like no one else! A piece of advice I would send in the package is something I’ve told you before- Stay away from the yogurt in DW’s office! Sike I would say embrace being taken out of your element and see it as a blessing.

  • Napoleon Suarez
    A book-short story I would include in your care package is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald ,it would be interesting if we both read the short story and had a long discussion about which we preferred, the film or the short story. A song I would send in the care package is Be recorded by Common, I’m not sure why I just feel like it would be appropriate and chill for a future film night :). Some advice I would include is to avoid being asked question about films, back track the film to the beginning!Lol
Ex's:
  • J
    I would send you a copy of Letters to a young poet by Rainer Maria Rilke. I lost your copy and I still feel bad about it. I would also send it again so you could reread it. There is so much goodness in the words and passages written by Rilke, I think you might have skipped over some of the advice he gives. A song I would send you is Lip Gloss by Lil’ Mama, you were such a dork singing that song all the time! But I admired your courage to be that dork in public. Some advice I would send you would be the following: Having 30 people’s perspective on your life decisions can only leave you confused. Learn to talk to yourself.

  • R
    A book I would include in your package is one I asked you to read before- The Deeper Wound: Recovering the Soul from Fear and Suffering byDeepak Chopra. I picked that book for you because it taught me alot and I know it could speak volumes to you as well,One being the importance of individuality and taking time to understand yourself first. A song I would include is Better Together by Jack Johnson, it reminds me of the early good times in our relationship and I hope someday we can let go of any animosity and be friends. A piece of advice I would send is Let go of all YOUR anger and pain, be more aware of others around you, realize others hurt too and try to find out why.
    Don't let your anger and pain continue to blind you.
Youngin's:
  • Brenda
    I would include Frida by Barbara Mujica. I know you love to read and you love art as well. I am picking this book to include in your package because I see a little me in you. It’s hard to grow up in our family where we are expected to pursue “money making” careers, rather then what we truly are passionate about. I hope that if you read aboutFrida and her art, you will be inspired to never let anyone tell you to pursue art as a hobby and not as your life ambition. With that said the advice I would include is obvious, pursue something you love, verses something that will “make you bank”. A song I would include is La Bomb byAzul Azul, I remember you as a baby dancing and singing to this song. It brings back good memories
    :)
  • Sindy
    I know you will be next in the family to enroll into college and graduate, so this is a good way for me to plan the care packages I will be sending while you are away. A book that I would include in your package is Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. It’s one of my favorites and I think reading it during your college years will bring more meaning and understanding to your journey. A song I would include is Loque paso, paso recorded by Daddy Yankee lol I plan to request this song at your Quinceañera and make you dance with me lol, Yes in front of all your friends! . My advice would be don’t ever forget la familia, we will always be there for you no matter what.



Dois Irmãos feat. Mariana de Moraes - Como Vou Fazer

*Makes me Smile Big :)

No comments: