Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vino Tinto..Red Wine..

They weren't sheets of silk or satin,
Just plain white and cotton.
I smile as the verse processes in my mind.
The couch was red and made of suede.
The wine was dark with a strong bitter taste that continued to linger in my mouth the rest of the night and even the morning after.
The goodbye was the hardest.
Unspoken
Conflicting interests from both parties.
Honestly I wouldn't be able to tell you if that prior statement is true.
Unspoken
I crawled into bed that night thinking about the wine.
Dark red shade,
A truly unexplainable color.
Not quiet like red, actually nothing like it.
Wasn't like the color of blood, it had more of a maroon tint.
My glass was full.
I'm sure I always reached for it with my LEFT hand.
I had about four or five glasses before I reached those plain white cotton sheets.
Stripes: Orange, Red, Light blue and White.
I tossed and turned left and right that night.
Trying my hardest to force my eyes into slumber.
I felt the wine as I laid there on my back.
The ceiling seemed so dull and blank.
Maybe I could paint it black and white, add a few hints of yellow.
Honey, Honey the words rang in the distance.
White cotton sheets, red dark maroon wine, stripes: orange, red, light blue and white.
Unspoken.
Actions
Actions
Action
Action
ACTIONS speak louder than words,
Maybe a black ceiling and tiny neon lights.
Stripes: orange, red, light blue and white.
Breathe.
Red Wine, it lingered,
The bitter sweet after taste until the morning light.
Silence speaks louder than words.
Thoughts speak louder than silence.
Thoughts become actions.
Actions become words.
Words that remain unspoken.

Cotton Sheets, Red Dark Maroon Wine, Stripes: Orange, Red, Light Blue and White.

Current Tune: Gravity - John Mayer


-I enjoy writing abstract verses that don't really make sense to anyone else but me and whoever I might be hiding in between the lines....

No comments: