Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Soul.Mind.Heart

The hopes of our human nature,
Strong they stand despite all previous rejections,
We know the truth in our minds, yet some how our hearts don't translate those objections,
Our hearts don't accept suggestions of any sort of rejections,
At least some human hearts don't,
I find myself wishing I could be among those few that have lost all hope,
Those few that see life just as it is,
Those few that seem to have their hearts on dry ice,
Frozen,
Numb,
Completely shut down,
I suppose then if I was one of those few,
Life would go easy on me.
I'd have less hope, foolishly profound hope,
and I'd know right from the start to never let my heart speak on its own terms.
I'd find myself strongly content, maybe not happy but certainly content.
Life would pass and I'd be a still statue in time,
A slight smile now and then,
I'd have nothing to believe in and just a routine life to awaken to,
Goals and dreams would not exist and although I see this as bliss,
How would I know to label it bliss?
Without dreams, without hope, how is one to know what true happiness feels like?
Pain and sorrow seem to come hand in hand with joy and love.
They depend on each other yet they seem to repel one another.
I'd take life without pain and sorrow,
With a silent, frozen heart, at least during these hours,
When all my heart seems to function for is as a ticking reminder of her.
Her distant ways don't seem to slow it down, don't seem to stop it at all.
I am certain nothing will soon stop it.
No strong force and I find the more I wish it away the faster and stronger it only seems to get.
There is no certain proof, scientific, logical proof that hearts feel emotions.
How then do I explain that stinking feeling in that organ when my eyes meet hers?
How then do I explain that piercing feeling of needles to that organ every time I think of not being able to share my love with her?
Such foolish thoughts that guide the heart, yet logically it doesn't think on its own,
We seem to live in a world full of fantasy and reality,
Which is which tho?
We have assigned the heart the most important of all emotions, yet its a simple organ that cannot think on its own.
We have given it such a strong value.
I suppose this half made up world believes that our mind cannot love, that our mind cannot control the emotions of our hearts.
With this in mind the soul must exist.
I dare say then the soul lies in our hearts.
The soul is what controls our hearts.
So when I find my heart hurting and paining to have her near,
Its truly my soul that needs her hear.
My soul yearns for her conversation,
For her touch,
For her warmth,
For her smile,
Our mind takes from our experiences, but our soul discards that all.
Its pure, its our true identity.
Those experiences we undertake can create logic in our thoughts can make us believe such things as hope and love do not exist, because we've been hurt.
It clouds our decisions and makes us hold back our true emotions.
Yet our soul has no inhibitions, our soul knows of these pains but has an infinite amount of hope, an infinite amount of love and does not believe in the logic of it all.
I find myself asking: Can two souls connect on a different level, such that although two individuals are completely opposite of each other, they still have this strong underling, indescribable bond?
What saddens me the most is that those two souls might not ever be able to love each other.
On the logical surface they differ in to many aspects for their minds to allow love.
Minds oppose with experience, with memories of previous mistakes made, with memories of events that cause an individual to be afraid and build a strong wall to guard their soul.
So many walls built by our minds.
Fear of rejection build one,
Fear of pain build one,
Fear of uncertainty build one,
Fear of happiness build one,
Fear of trust build one,
Fear of sorrow build one,
Fear of living build one,
Fear of loving build one,
Those two souls may never meet on this earth,
Logic overrules the most important and valued aspects of our lives:
Happiness,
Joy and
Love,
Important yet we fear the pains and woes that come along with them all.
I'm sure all of this has been written some where before,
and in truth I may be wrong.
Although I find myself truly writing from my soul and I dedicate this to my untouchable, unreachable other soul.
May we some day find the right fit for us between this fantasy and reality,
May our souls be content is what I wish for us both,
Because I know true and complete happiness isn't possible without her mind and soul right by my side.
May I find a similar match to quiet my soul, and may she find what she thinks I do not hold.....

No comments: