"People often talk as they age about regrets. I have several: not valuing my self and my skills, believing that others were somehow more worthy,thinking that I was alone, and not telling people that mattered, that they actually did. Always value yourself and your gifts. Follow your heart."
-Jude Harzer
Triggered by this thought I felt the need to write a few lines,
I believe the toughest part of life is living in the moment. Letting go of the past, believing in the future and having faith in our hearts. My biggest on going regret is not living in the moment. I find myself searching for answers to questions that can only be answered in a life time of experience, I find myself searching my mind for answers to questions that should have passed on with the time. Its a day to day struggle and nothing ever seems to be consistent. Letting go of everything seems to be the biggest struggle, keeping the faith that things will work out the way they need to and trust that what works out is best for you. I find the only time my mind isn't pondering the past or racing to the future, is when I'm proposing new ideas for my photography, new ideas for my paintings or forming my thoughts into verses that might expose anything that's yearning to be realized and released. When I think of following my heart I think of letting everything go and living just in that simple moment in time, like a photograph, frozen for that one day, taking it one click at a time. I regret this week in time. I've spent it in the past, I've spent it dreaming of hope in the future, and I've appreciated nothing that stands right in front of me. I don't want to continue on like this. I refuse to continue on like this....
Thought of the week:
"I'd like to find in a crowd full of people,
Late in the night,
Look into your eyes and tell you how much you mean to me, without having to say one single word, then slightly lean into the groove between your shoulder and neck and whisper these words into your ear..."I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life, now I can say I've really followed my heart."
I'd take a mental picture of your face, the details of your scent, the placement, size and color of the moon.....
Holding you close to me, I'd have my eyes shut..
We'd heard Billie Holiday's song in the distance, "Come rain or Come Shine".
The crowd would continue on there busy path.
They wouldn't matter because for once in my whole existence, my whole world is standing right in front of me......"
"I believe sometimes, some forms…objects…moments…like silence, absorbs the mind, frees it of petty detail, and serves as a visual guide…a means for penetrating through the 'realm of multitudes'. The mind freed of 'logic' and 'formal definitions' can overcome the rational and cross into a world devoid of labels and categories. Where 'understanding' comes before analytical comprehension. Where the specificity of line, contour, pattern is done away with. Where 'meaning' is not sought anymore…in the rational sense. Where the picture does not 'fit' a category and does not articulate an 'ideal' recognizable form… It is then that it begins to appeal to our sense of shape…texture…tone…our feel for solidity. It allows us to roam free of restraint into areas of darkness and light…free to form other associations and form other alliances."-Jude Harzer
Triggered by this thought I felt the need to write a few lines,
I believe the toughest part of life is living in the moment. Letting go of the past, believing in the future and having faith in our hearts. My biggest on going regret is not living in the moment. I find myself searching for answers to questions that can only be answered in a life time of experience, I find myself searching my mind for answers to questions that should have passed on with the time. Its a day to day struggle and nothing ever seems to be consistent. Letting go of everything seems to be the biggest struggle, keeping the faith that things will work out the way they need to and trust that what works out is best for you. I find the only time my mind isn't pondering the past or racing to the future, is when I'm proposing new ideas for my photography, new ideas for my paintings or forming my thoughts into verses that might expose anything that's yearning to be realized and released. When I think of following my heart I think of letting everything go and living just in that simple moment in time, like a photograph, frozen for that one day, taking it one click at a time. I regret this week in time. I've spent it in the past, I've spent it dreaming of hope in the future, and I've appreciated nothing that stands right in front of me. I don't want to continue on like this. I refuse to continue on like this....
Thought of the week:
"I'd like to find in a crowd full of people,
Late in the night,
Look into your eyes and tell you how much you mean to me, without having to say one single word, then slightly lean into the groove between your shoulder and neck and whisper these words into your ear..."I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life, now I can say I've really followed my heart."
I'd take a mental picture of your face, the details of your scent, the placement, size and color of the moon.....
Holding you close to me, I'd have my eyes shut..
We'd heard Billie Holiday's song in the distance, "Come rain or Come Shine".
The crowd would continue on there busy path.
They wouldn't matter because for once in my whole existence, my whole world is standing right in front of me......"
- Subir Chatterjee
Here's to living in the moment, no more regrets.....
Current tune: Come Rain or Come Shine - Billie Holiday
Here's to living in the moment, no more regrets.....
Current tune: Come Rain or Come Shine - Billie Holiday
3 comments:
Here is to living in the present and letting go of regrets:) Your words and thoughts, mirror my own. You are never alone:)
live your way into the answers.... its the questions that are the beauty.
right?
Yes you are very right....Rilke :)
Get that blog started Miss!
btw have I thanked you enough for introducing me to Rilke? Well here goes one more time...Thanks!
Post a Comment